Application Process & Prerequisites
Beginning the application process
- Complete the online Graduate School Application (program code: 3860)
- Complete the Departmental Questionnaire
- Provide 2 Letters of Recommedation including one from an identified research mentor.
- Applicants must identify and obtain a letter of support from a research mentor that will be willing to guide them during their studies. The letter of the research mentor should include a summary of the proposed research project that the student will be pursuing. A list of labs that are training graduate students is available here.
- Provide an official transcript of grades from all schools attended after high school
- Provide current TOEFL scores (if applicable)
GRE/TOEFL Codes: MSU Institutional Code = 1465; Department Code =0217
Email Letters of Reference, Department Questionnaire, GRE scores, and Transcripts to:
Physiology Graduate Program at email@example.com
2022 Fall Semester Deadline: June 1, 2022
2023 Spring Semester Deadline: September 15, 2022
The typical undergraduate and/or graduate GPA is greater than 3.0. TOEFL paper-based scores of greater than 600, Section 1 score greater than 62 and no section less than 53; TOEFL computer-based scores of greater 250, Section 1 score of 26 or above, and no other score less than 19.